Why The Crafting Dead Died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jklenk, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Jklenk

Jklenk New Member

I hope you all enjoy this video leave a like for our fallen soldier The Crafting Dead
    Jazzer and vibraniumoptimus like this.
  2. Coolhunter17

Coolhunter17 New Member

You raise some very valid points, and everyone's fav. part was cure lmao. thanks for the time you put into making this, was cool to see.
  3. Schnozmo

Schnozmo Senior Staff Staff Member Senior Team

You forgot to add one of his projects, his app. However, I completely agree, it's sad to see the game like this.
  4. Ok. I played crafting dead during the cure & aftermath stages. I had quit a little bit after aftermath came out. I do not remember how long I played. I agree that cure was a good version, but compared to the origins singleplayer, I would definitely chose the current. I had come back to crafting dead origins 2 years ago, & was overjoyed to see servers. I played for about a year, but it turned into just camping the shops because of the pay to win aspect of the kits & commands. So, I quit. I have been playing again for about half a year now. When I came back, separate server creators came out. I am talking about seaport 1, 2, & DC. They seem to care about the free to play players, as when you die & respawn, you spawn near or around the area where you died. They also give you a vault, & the shop is accessible all over the map. There are events every 5 minutes or so, that are non partial to whether or not you have a rank, & give you a hefty amount of in-game money. What I am saying is, If you include the servers that are not made by TCD, I would chose origins over cure anytime. The seaport & DC servers eliminate the staff & pay to win reasons that crafting dead died. I think that other than the official servers being PTW all around, the origins version is just a bit all around better than cure.
  5. Makefoo

Makefoo New Member

You brought up some valid points which may have contributed to the shrink of the playerbase.
    I recently came back to the game and still enjoy it. I started playing back in the Cure stage when it got released because two big Youtubers in the Netherlands uploaded a video of them playing the mod.

I do agree that it has changed a lot in those years and that some of the changes that were made in the years most definitely have contributed to the playerbase shrinking.

However I believe it's also caused by the increase of lack of interest in Modpacks such as Crafting Dead. I have the feeling that the Technic Launcher is no longer as popular as it was a few years ago.

Other than that, great video I do agree with some points you have brought up, but there are still enough people playing to keep the mod interesting and fun.
  6. AAG_Victorious

AAG_Victorious Active Member

greed didn't kill the game, that is in my opinion just a stupid conclusion to make.

I would say that the corrupt and incompetent staff team with the lack of development killed the game.
    vibraniumoptimus and LegionPlays like this.
  7. I agree that lack of development & incompetent staff helped to kill the game, but I still stand with the greed also killed it. The only server gets more traffic than DC & seaport 1 is dead island, & I have been noticing that dying off.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  8. gomizzou4

gomizzou4 Member

Coming from a former staff member and senior moderator who was there as it really died, you raise some good points and aren't totally incorrect but honestly F3RULLO got caught up in life which I don't exactly blame him for but all in all what killed the game was lack of outreach for new people (the game just kept trying to bring back old players instead of making a new community) and just lack of action on the staff team. What I advocated for was bringing new people in and shutting down some of the pointless empty servers to save the game, but Andrew waited until we were out of money and planned a total shutdown. If we kept a few servers open it would of made the game last much longer and at that point with a lot of people compressed on a few servers it would be more fun and then you could of started rebuilding crafting dead.
  9. gomizzou4

gomizzou4 Member

I don't see a point in keeping it open now as greed is pretty much the only thing keeping servers open because the leadership is beating a dead horse in a way. Everyone always said to bring back cure and it will come alive but to be honest it may of came back for awhile but in the long term it wouldn't of succeeded, if they wanted success they needed to go in a new direction and not keep going in the past.