UMP-45 (SMG .45 ACP cal)

Discussion in 'Development Asset Submission' started by protogenius101, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. protogenius101

protogenius101 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, this is the new model I have been working and before anything is said in regards to the amount of detail, I designed it to look like this, I based the idea off the current MP5K that's in-game to balance the amount of detail that the model has, the result is my take on the HK UMP-45 SMG.

Overview/history of real-life version
    The UMP-45 is a German-made submachine gun designed and manufactured by Heckler und Koch. It was intended to be a lighter and cheaper take on the highly successful MP5 that had already been in production for years. The UMP-45 fires .45 ACP caliber rounds (11.43x23mm) at a rate of 600 RPM, making it one of the more slower firing submachine guns of the modern era.
    HKUMP45.JPG

My model
    I started making the model a few days ago but since school assessments have been increasing in volume I haven't had the time to finish and submit this earlier. I thought about how I wanted to design this so I took ideas from the SMGs that are already in-game and based my gun around their levels of detail/aesthetics. I wanted to give the UMP-45 a gritty feel as if it has been worn and heavily used while still making both the model and texture crisp in-terms of their design, judge for yourself if I succeeded.

MP5K_example.png

Conceptual stats:
    Please note that I thought about these with the goal of creating a powerful weapon while still making it balanced so if some of these don't feel realistic, that's probably a reason for it.

-Ammo: 25
    -Damage: 8
    -Headshot: 11
    -RPM: 650
    -Accuracy: 1.125
    -Recoil: 8
    -Holding movement: 96%
    -Carrying movement: 98%

-Ammo AP: 15% (Not very high since the ammunition focuses more on mass rather than velocity but still high enough so that damage is noticeable on armoured enemies).

Chance to find (This is always controversial in my opinion and opinions will vary).
    UMP-45 gun
    -Military loot: 3%
    -Police loot: 4%
    UMP-45 Ammo
    -Military loot: 4%
    -Police loot: 7%

Since this weapon doesn't come with a scope (Like my Dragunov) or any iron sights because I didn't include any, I will just showcase the submission below.
  2. protogenius101

Here it is;

Idea / Asset Name: UMP-45
    Asset Type: Model with 3 textures (Model texture, gun item, magazine item).
    Attachments: Are below in the .zip file
    If Applicable, Concept Image ingame: No
    leftview_ump45.png topview_ump45.png view_ump45_1.png view_ump45_2.png

rightview_ump45.png

Here are the item textures.
    ump45_itemcloseup.png ump45_ammo_itemcloseup.png

Thank you @ParadoxicHF for giving feeback on the model, the design process of this one was easier than the Dragunov.

@SquiddyUK
    @FiveSevenIsKey
    @Skapern
    @Jacksonation
    @Jellal
    @Equad

@destrotroop

Feel free to give feedback and the .zip file containing everything is below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    FiveSevenIsKey likes this.
  3. gomizzou4

gomizzou4 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think it looks cool. Good work!
    protogenius101 likes this.
  4. Conner Adobato

Conner Adobato Active Member

Pretty sure Paradoxic or Destro made these models already, but they have yet to be implemented (Thats what someone told me)
  5. Inhumansalmon

Inhumansalmon Active Member

This would be a cool gun but make sure it isn't as overpowered as it was in Counter-Craft (It broke matchmaking for like 3 months) Maybe make it like a Vector except with better accuracy and better damage like by 1 or .5 to make sure it isn't a complete bust.
  6. destrotroop

destrotroop Developer Staff Member Developer

Work on the hand guard, make it a bit bigger. Also, you can clearly see that the mag well is normally right in front of the trigger guard. Move yours back a bit. Looks good, after you make the changes, send me the model and I'll see what we can do about getting it ingame.
  7. protogenius101

I'll see what I can do, there's also this question I want to ask, are my models getting better in quality?
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  8. Conner Adobato

Conner Adobato Active Member

I can say yes, but the texture on this gun is a bit too dark, just my opinion tho. You make awesome models btw. My opinion on this one is that it looks like the MP40.
  9. protogenius101

Thanks! The texture renders slightly darker in techne than the program I use to create it, I use techne for images though due to the background which is generally an awesome contrast to the colours of the model.

Also, please explain to me the aesthetic differences between the HK UMP-40 and UMP-45.
  10. Aj1144

Aj1144 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wow, this is probably one of the best models I have literally ever seen, keep up the amazing work.
  11. Jackson

Jackson Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Looks really good! Keep up the good work.
  12. protogenius101

I updated the model to Destro's recommendations.
    angle1_ump45(Updated).png
    angle2_ump45(Updated).png angle3_ump45(Updated).png

Here's how it compares to the original.
    Updated
    leftview_ump45(Updated).png
    Original
    leftview_ump45(Original).png

And again, updated.
    rightview_ump45(Updated).png
    Original
    rightview_ump45(Original).png

Which do you guys think is better?
  13. Strafe55

Strafe55 Member

I might be wrong but is there iron sights?
  14. Hero_silas

Hero_silas Active Member

15. Jaden Merens

Jaden Merens Active Member

I like this gun, but as inhumsalmon said, don't make it so over powered. With a nice balanced gun like this, it would be great!
  16. Jackson

Jackson Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Please don't grave dig threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.