Reviewed ❀ The Four Seasons ❀

Discussion in 'Mod Suggestions' started by ThePlagueDoctor, Dec 24, 2017.

Is this cool and could add more or is this absolutely useless?

1. Cool! I'd like to see it!

2. Useless. Don't need it.

0 vote(s)
  3. Meh, either way I'd be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePlagueDoctor

ThePlagueDoctor New Member

So, this is a random idea I just thought of that I think would be a cool mechanic to implement in the game! Please send in your ideas and feedback on this, I'd love to hear it.

So the premise of this is to add the four seasons into the game, so you'd split up a month, and within that month you can have the four seasons by splitting it up evenly. For example, lets take a month with 31 days, divide that by four, which is gonna be 7.75, let's just make it seven. So every 7 days, a full week, is one season.
    First: Spring ❁
    Second: Summer ☀
    Third: Autumn ❧
    Fourth: Winter ❄
    Depending on what season it is, there can be variations in spawning of items, spawning of zombies, chances of sickness, etc!
    For example:
    In the Spring, the rate of items spawning is increased by like.. 10%! Zombies spawn normally.

In the Summer, you lose your water faster. Item spawning is normal. There are more runner zombies out.
    In Autumn, the rate of items spawning is decreased by 5%. There are more tank zombies.
    In Winter, the rate of items spawning is decreased by 15-20% because realistically, it's hard to find things in the snow. There is a higher chance of getting RBI when attacked by zombies.

Now to simulate these seasons, maybe things around the world can change.
    For example:
    In the Spring, there are more flowers, snow is melting and becoming more scarce. Items are more common and easy to find because the snow is melting off of them. Days are average, daytime and nighttime.
    In the Summer, food spawns are more common. Random trees and grass can catch fire, but only spread a 5 block radius then just burn out. Daytime is longer than nighttime.
    In the Autumn, water spawns are more common cause rain, leaves turn orange. Daytime is slightly shorter than nighttime.
    In the Winter, rain is replaced by snow, it's harder to find things because outside spawns are covered by snow, inside spawns are the only things you can loot. Trees have no leaves. Daytime is shorter than nighttime.

Please keep in mind, these are only ideas! These are totally subject to change, and I'd love it if you guys input your own thoughts on this!
    The reason why I think this would be a good mechanic to add is because it could add an actual sense of.. urgency? Like the thought of Winter coming and the need to get prepped and have everything before then would be so cool! It would be an awesome mechanic to add to the game, it would add importance to scavenging, it would make surviving more difficult and make people actually think and make a strategy.
    I just think it would be cool! If you have any ideas or thoughts on this, please share! It would be cool to see this become a thing on both the CD modpack, and on the (under-development) game!
  2. jillv46

jillv46 Moderator Staff Member Moderation Team

This sounds very cool and I do very support it a lot! The only thing is I can barely get items as it is(suck at gun fights etc) and with the harder getting items like winter I think, would make it literally impossible. Not only that, even now barely any items spawn as it is ;P
    But the thing I do like about this idea is spring because tbh would actually help me in the game bc I struggle getting items as it is and having it increased spawn rate by 15% that would help me a lot! :) :D
    I don’t want to make you feel bad, I do like it a lot, I just hope it doesn’t make the game get to much harder to get items.
    Wish you luck on this idea :)
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    ThePlagueDoctor likes this.
  3. ThePlagueDoctor

*wink* That's why it's only like that during the winter, and that's why spring is increased, so you can find items easier BEFORE winter comes.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Active Member

Dude, Great idea, very original this would be awesome to have in the game especially the snow.
    timmydb and ThePlagueDoctor like this.
  5. MrKhaotic

MrKhaotic Well-Known Member

This would be an awesome addition to the game! Awesome suggestion dude!
  6. LPops

LPops Famous Member

Sorry but I don't like this idea. No really big reason, it just doesn't pop out for me.
  7. ThePlagueDoctor

Thank ya!
  8. ThePlagueDoctor

Thank you! I really hope it comes through. c:
  9. ThePlagueDoctor

That's okay! Not everyone's gonna like it, so I understand. c:
  10. FRAncisco

FRAncisco Member

Really good idea!!!
  11. ThePlagueDoctor

Thank you! I'm working out some other stuff on it right now to post.
    timmydb likes this.
  12. timmydb

timmydb New Member

This is a reallk awesom idea
  13. protogenius101

protogenius101 Well-Known Member

Seasonal stuff like this would be better for the servers but I find the idea intriguing regardless, it would make my OCD go nuts though since I live in the Southern hemisphere and these seasons would probably coordinated through the Northern hemisphere where the seasons are opposite to mine.

I'll bring it up with the dev team and see if/when it will be added! Thanks for your suggestion!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.